Scope of work: Microtrenched 6-mile span 2.5 “ wide x 16” deep for fiber optic cable installation. Trenched through asphalt, aggregate base course and soil sub base. Installed MD2 (micro duct), flow filled trench to 13” and capped off of with plexi-melt mastic sealer. Blew in 24-strand micro fiber.
- Client: South Central Communications
- Time-line: May, 2017 – June, 2017 – 20 days
- Equipment Used: DitchWitch MT16
- Distance: 6 miles
- Location: State Route 12 Escalante, UT
- Client Issue: Client needed to run fiber across rough canyon terrain. Aerial was not an option.
- Americom Solution: Microtrench through one lane of State Rt 12, installing the fiber network under the asphalt with minimal disruption to traffic and the asphalt surface.
“We chose Americom because of their reputation. They do what they say they’re going to do, when they say they’ll do it, and that’s vital to staying on schedule and on budget. I was very pleased with the quality of their work on our project – They do it right the first time.”
Construction & Engineering Manager
South Central Communications